All children and families in Nebraska should have access to quality early childhood education. Unfortunately, too many don’t. Together, we can solve this problem to ensure that children, families, communities, and Nebraska thrive. You can make a difference by talking to your family, friends, and community leaders about the need to care for kids by caring about quality early childhood education.
Are you signed up for We Care for Kids email updates?
Join us to receive campaign updates, learn about events in your community, and get access to the newest resources.
We Care for Kids partners also have great resources and materials to help you promote the value of quality early childhood education, support early childhood educators, and organize others in your community to build access for all families:
Why is early childhood education critical to thriving communities?
- My Nebraska Story Campaign
- My Nebraska Story Campaign: Community resources
- The Bottom Line: Economic impacts of inadequate child care access in Nebraska
Learn more about local initiatives to engage families and community members in bringing quality early childhood education to all Nebraska children:
- Communities for Kids
- Nebraska Early Childhood Collaborative Parent Ambassador Program
- Bring Up Nebraska Initiative
- Rooted in Relationships
- Nebraska Early Childhood Policy Leadership Academy
Learn more about issues affecting early childhood educators and quality early childhood education:
- Early Childhood Education by the Numbers
- Elevating the Early Childhood Workforce: Report and Recommendations of the Nebraska Early Childhood Workforce Commission
- No Small Matter (Documentary)
- Buffett Institute COVID I, COVID II, and COVID III Provider Survey
- Kids Count Data Center
- Nebraskans Speak About Early Care and Learning (Buffett Institute and Gallup Survey, 2016)
Learn more about our partners and their incredible work that helps Nebraska’s children thrive.