Join We Care for Kids Days each month!
Join We Care for Kids for monthly celebrations recognizing the importance of quality early childhood education in Nebraska.
December 1, 2022
With one in four jobs in Nebraska connected to agriculture, rural communities fuel our economy. Yet many families in rural Nebraska face few to no early childhood care and education options for their children. That’s because more than a third (36%) live in a child care “desert” where there is only one spot available for every three or more children who need it. That’s not sustainable. Quality early childhood care and education is essential for families to work and for rural Nebraska to thrive.
Join us in raising awareness about how we can support Nebraska’s agriculture, ranch, and farming families and businesses with quality early childhood programs and teachers.
How do I participate?
Any person, group, early childhood care and education provider, or organization can participate. Here are few ideas:
- Encourage local agricultural, ranch, and farming businesses and organizations to become a We Care for Kids partner. If you work in the agricultural sector, ask your company to join. This is an issue that impacts not only families, but businesses and communities across Nebraska, and we can all take part in sharing the urgency of ensuring that all children have access to quality care and education.
- Post on social media using this new sharegraphic. Do you live in a rural community? Tell your network about why early childhood education is important to families in your community or share about the challenges faced in finding quality care.
- Download the We Care for Kids toolkit. Tailor these templates with personal stories about challenges faced by your community and why early childhood care and education is essential for rural Nebraskans. Send a letter to your local newspaper editor or personalize the email template to encourage others to learn more about this important issue.
- Host a We Care for Kids event at your school, place of worship, or headquarters. Set up a table or ask if you can have 10 minutes to share some information with attendees using campaign toolkit materials.
- Post the We Care for Kids video (English and Spanish versions available) and campaign information on your website and social media accounts.
- Include a speaker to talk about the importance of early childhood education at your school, place of worship, or organization’s already-scheduled event.
- Host a watch party or gathering at home; invite neighbors, family, and friends to talk about early childhood education in your own community, encourage everyone to get involved, and spread the word.
Register yourself or your organization as a We Care for Kids Day participant through the form below. Let us know what you have planned and how we can support you to make your celebration a success!